Apply as an International Student
1. Download and review the International Student Information Packet
International applicants are expected to supply required documentation by the admission deadline for each quarter. Admission requirements include:
• International admission application
• Minimum age of 18
• Submission of transcripts Proof of English proficiency
• Evidence of financial resources Recent physical examination (health screening)
• Personal letter describing educational goals
• Medical insurance (upon arrival in the United States)
• Tuberculosis screening (upon arrival in the United States) $100 application fee
|Early Fall (Athletes Only)||June 1|
|Fall Quarter||August 8|
|Winter Quarter||November 10|
|Spring Quarter||March 1|
Apply early! Your application fee may be credited to your tuition.
* If you find yourself applying for admission after the application deadline, contact the International Program Office to find out if any special arrangements can be made.
Information for New Students
LTCC welcomes international students from many countries around the world. New students typically begin attendance in the fall, but may apply for any quarter.
Full-time Enrollment: To remain in status, international students are expected to enroll in and complete a minimum of 12 units per quarter.
LTCC provides the first two years of undergraduate study. After completing their academic program, students may transfer to a university to finish a baccalaureate degree.
Contact International Program Office.
Information for Transfer Students
International students who have completed coursework outside the United States should discuss their transcripts with a counselor prior to transferring to Lake Tahoe Community College.
• Transfer coursework is only considered if the institution at which it was completed is accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
• Lake Tahoe Community College is on a quarter system, students transferring from institutions on the semester system should discuss unit conversions and timing of transfer with a counselor.
• International students who have completed coursework outside the United States are also strongly encouraged to review their transcripts with a counselor prior to transferring to Lake Tahoe Community College.
Transfer applicants are expected to coordinate with the designated school official at their current institution and the admissions staff at LTCC. After acceptance, the student's SEVIS records will be transferred between the institution prior to the start date for the first quarter of attendance.